- In my first book La Roe’s, I had a dream about a dress and since I cannot draw that great, I decided to write about the dress instead. That was most definitely a part of me.
- Then I thought about the character and the time in my life the original version was written compared to now. The main character, Emerald, she works a lot. I did too back then and even more so now.
- She is also extremely protective of her friends, which yeah one can say that about me. Perhaps even a bit ‘mine’ determination.
- Emerald also has taken the hard knocks of her life and changed them into something else, I can say that has happened with me as well. She takes certain losses very intently.
- The story may begin in the U.S., but it ends on the Isle of Mann, which is someplace I would love to visit.
- Roses call to her and well my favorite flower is the rose.
In my second story, Fay’s Wish, the main character had recently lost her mother and that I can understand heartache all too well. She also found herself on a life changing journey which I believe that many people can relate too.
We often write what we know or want to know about, so it only makes sense that thinking back on the stories I’ve written that a part of me comes out in them. I think it’s our jobs as authors to make sure that we remain true to the character and let their voices be heard, not ours.
La Roe’s will be on sale during Amazon Prime Days (Begins Saturday, July 13, 2019, and ends July 20, 2019) and is currently available through Kindle Unlimited. Fay’s Wish is getting a new edit and potential rewrite depending on what my editor (PMInc Manager, Cindy) has to say, hopefully better than the first go around with La Roe’s.
#PMInc #DeeCarver #Author #Writing #Life