Thursday, June 27, 2019

Lesson Learned #MFRWauthor


Hello Everyone! This is my second time doing the #MFRWauthor challenge. As you can imagine I stay pretty busy working on client items, so my own writing gets the second part of my time (well maybe 6th or 10th part). Also, if you notice this blog is on my Blogger Site and not PersonalizedMarketing Inc’s. Kind of had an ‘oh’ moment and realized these belong here. 


I found this topic to spark an idea in both my writing and working career. I started Personalized Marketing Inc a few years after getting my first two books published and I remember when I got the yes letters. It was a very exciting time and I was completely blown away that I had been accepted. We did the big celebration dinner, got a new laptop, even had a few book signing/reading events. 


However, I also learned some pretty hard knocks as well when it happened. I turned down offers that I now later regret… Who knew ‘they’ would get so big??? When my first book was originally released it did not get many things that I later learned it should have. I signed a contract without first understanding one, I got a crash course into marketing and what it meant being an author. 


The positive spin is that I learned about writing more, that everyone needs an editor, and found my calling. There is oh so much more work after the words “The End” are written and some of the stuff I learned how to do the HARD way I have been able to pass along to our clients


#PMInc #DeeCarver #Author #Writing #Life #Lessons 



4 comments:

  1. Yeah, there's definitely a lot to learn about the writing business beyond just writing a good story. Networking, marketing, promo (not the same), graphic design, psychology...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seem to graduate from the School of Hard Knocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is about learning :)
    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

CTR Forum


Join our Writing Class 
 
We are excited to be on Coffee Time Romance discussing Marketing / SEO / Branding and Online Presence (such as websites, Amazon and networks). Wow a lot of varying topics but they each play a role into the other.  Marketing | SEO | Online Presence. Don’t miss it!   Join Personalized Marketing Inc  every Wednesday and Friday this month to improve your marketing!