Tuesday, September 3, 2019

'Max' La Roe's #MFRWhooks

La Roe's (Re-Released) 

Dee Carver (Author), Cindy Wieczorek (Editor)  


Blurb 

When Emerald La Roe ran away 300 years ago, she had not planned to return. However, after repeated dreams from Goddess Morrigan, Emerald finally realizes she has no choice. Emerald not only finds a magical sword waiting for her, but her dead husband also.

It seems Stefan O’ Duff wants’ reconciliation and help to cure the curse they share. Emerald would rather see him dead than be with him again, she has someone else to consider though. Her new love, Maxwell Howard a werewolf, who through sharing blood with Emerald, now faces the same fate as Emerald and Stefan. For the cure to work, Emerald has to put her hatred of Stefan aside and consent to share his bed again.


Can Emerald put 300 years of anger aside to save them or will she sacrifice all their futures and kill him as she swore to do?


Available from these stores:
https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asin=B07Q3PYQK8&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_h4YBDbV9MQ15M&tag=pminc0f-20  Apple Barnes & Noble Kobo Scribd 24 Symbols Playster Angus & Robertson

Excerpt 


There was a sweet looking woman sitting behind the counter. “This is Lupai and her husband Vasili the owners.” Paul said coming up behind us. I went to turn around to Paul, when a distinguished looking, older man walked toward me. 

I wasn’t sure why, but I knew not to turn my back on the new guy. Something told me he would try to have me for lunch. I saw from the corner of my eye, that the woman had turned to face her husband. Without looking away from him, I saw the man give his wife a funny look. I wasn’t sure exactly what the look meant but when she turned back toward us, her eyes said one thing, while her smile said something else. 

I also saw that I had been wrong her being sweet looking too. There was nothing sweet about her, and she definitely wasn’t very old either. Neither of them was what they appeared to be, I guess the woman realized I had been staring at them too long because she spoke up then.

“Welcome to our little place. It’s so nice of you to bring young folks with you Paul.” She paused while walking around the counter to where Max was now standing beside Paul. I hadn’t even realized Max had moved away from me until now, not good, not good at all. My attention is normally better than this, but something about these two struck me as different.

“And you Maxi, it’s been so long you have been to see us. Where have you been hiding yourself? It hurt me so much when you stopped coming around.” Max looked down at the floor then back up to her face. Max held his arms out then and when she moved into them, he gave Lupai the left side of his neck.

“I am truly sorry Lupai, I have been tied up with my business, I promise to make an appearance at the next full moon though.” When the woman backed away from him, Max came back over to where I was. The look he gave me when he reached my side, said he would explain later. He placed his arm around my shoulders before turning us to face Vasili once more.

“Vasili Pavel I would like to introduce Rose Jade, my mate.”

“Mate?” I asked to myself, but trusting his decision to make everything all right, I said nothing aloud. Looking at Vasili I had this strong urge to bow or something, as he held out his hand. I guess I had stood there too long. Because he suddenly took my hand in his, I was almost grateful for the hand. Almost.


8 comments:

  1. The relationships here are very mysterious, Dee. But intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The relationships were just as mysterious writing them... I had no idea what was coming around the bend and well 'Max' was only supposed to be a working buddy...

      Thank you for the compliment and comment!

      Delete
  2. I love how you cleverly made her past catch up to her future. I do wonder how her husband survived, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kryssie,

      I believe, Emerald has been running from her past since before the story began. At this point though, she doesn't know yet that Stefan has survived...

      Thank you for your compliment and comment!

      Delete
  3. a 300 year runaway. Lots of mysteries to be solved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet,

      Thank you for your comment. Imagine her surprise as well... ;)

      Delete
  4. Interesting. I'm not sure yet what's going on with these two, but something sure is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Ed,

      Thank you for your comment. Yes, they are definitely a pair...

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.

CTR Forum


Join our Writing Class 
 
We are excited to be on Coffee Time Romance discussing Marketing / SEO / Branding and Online Presence (such as websites, Amazon and networks). Wow a lot of varying topics but they each play a role into the other.  Marketing | SEO | Online Presence. Don’t miss it!   Join Personalized Marketing Inc  every Wednesday and Friday this month to improve your marketing!