Wednesday, December 11, 2019

What I call dream waking #MFRWhooks

Re-Release Pre-Order Now Available!

Read how one Fay Princess and a Mortal Man will change the fate of all those around. 

Amazon | Available from these ebook stores: AppleBarnes & NobleKoboAngus & Robertson



Shayla, Princess of the Fay, must begin the journey to discover her true power by leaving the island. If she's successful, she will become queen. Her plight won't be an easy one, for there are those who would use Shayla as a means to solidify their own position of power.

Kyle, Shayla's guide in the human world, is destined to bring hope to the Fay even though his own future seems bleak. With Kyle by her side, miracles can happen, offering the promise of the return of the magic.

Once that happens, nothing is impossible.







Excerpt 


“Shayla, I’m not sure how to say this, but I am not asleep. You know, I have never been asleep when we are together.”
Oh. Well. How was that possible?
I completely lost it. If there is one thing, I can be sure of, it’s the fact of my body being in my bed and not here.
“If you are awake, then how? Only one of my people is capable of walking in someone else’s dreams.”
“You would not come to me, so I came to you. We are in what I call dream waking. I have always been able to travel this way. You are the first one who has been able to interact with me as though we were both awake.”
“Where are your families from?” I blurted.
“My fathers’ family is from this land. We have been a part of Inverness as far as can be traced back. My mother’s side came from an island in the Irish Sea. I don’t know much about them, but it was said, the women die shortly after the birth of their first male child.”
“Where in the Irish Sea?”
“I don’t know. No one does. The island was there one year and gone the next. Whoever tried charting its location got lost somehow. I doubt it vanished into thin air. Why? What does this have to do with us?”
It was near legendary in some circles. How many times had I heard of Fay men mating with mortal women? Why not Fay women mating with mortal men? Here was proof that it happened. At least he did not realize who the Fay were, but that did not help. How did I ask anything without telling?
 

10 comments:

  1. Some secrets are hard to keep. Especially if they're mating. Great snippet

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do I ask anything without telling? Great line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this information explaining their strange dream-interactions or deepening the mysteries? At this point, I'm not sure. My guess is that it's hinting that there are explanations without going into too much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Janet. It only seemed appropriate that the Fay would live somewhere no man could enter.

      Delete
  5. The here-today-gone-tomorrow island puts me in mind of Atlantis legends.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.

CTR Forum


Join our Writing Class 
 
We are excited to be on Coffee Time Romance discussing Marketing / SEO / Branding and Online Presence (such as websites, Amazon and networks). Wow a lot of varying topics but they each play a role into the other.  Marketing | SEO | Online Presence. Don’t miss it!   Join Personalized Marketing Inc  every Wednesday and Friday this month to improve your marketing!