Wednesday, December 18, 2019

The ears are wrong… #MFRWhooks

Re-Release Now Available!

Read how one Fay Princess and a Mortal Man will change the fate of all those around. 



  Shayla, Princess of the Fay, must begin the journey to discover her true power by leaving the island. If she's successful, she will become queen. Her plight won't be an easy one, for there are those who would use Shayla as a means to solidify their own position of power.

Kyle, Shayla's guide in the human world, is destined to bring hope to the Fay even though his own future seems bleak. With Kyle by her side, miracles can happen, offering the promise of the return of the magic.

Once that happens, nothing is impossible.

 

 

Just in time for Christmas

Amazon | Available Now from these ebook stores:

Apple Barnes & Noble Kobo Scribd 24 Symbols !ndigo Angus & Robertson

 

 

Excerpt



“We are being led in a circle,” Jack complained.
“Grow up and shut up.” Aine responded.
Our current hotel was run by a friend of Kyle’s. I soon found out, this willowy stranger was his ex-fiancée, and her husband, his best friend.
Sophie defined gorgeous, with long lengths of red hair and the softest blue eyes I have ever seen. Comfortable and nonchalant, Kyle introduced us as archeologists searching for lost relics of the Gods. Later, in our rooms, I fumed.
“Why did you nearly tell her the whole truth?”
“Sophie knows the location of three statues. She will show you.”
“Yeah…right…”
Kyle’s laughter barked like a dog. “You’re jealous. I can’t believe it. She’s married, for crying out loud.”
“I am not jealous, and even if I were, what does it matter? So there really is nothing to be jealous about.” As I stomped to the lobby, I knew what a windstorm felt like. The beautiful rooms around me did not lighten my mood, even with their scattered paintings of our enchanted island and how man thought Fay looked.
The ears are wrong…
Home. It called me. Each moment harder than the last. Each minute pulling at me. Being with Kyle was magical and gratifying, our days spent looking for artifacts, and the nights, a sweet torment. We lived for the temptation of fulfilling our fantasies, but the pull of home never left me.
Lying in bed that evening, I wondered how Father fared.
Was he being forced to consummate his marriage, or did the Elders get what they wanted and now left him alone?
I awoke standing in the throne room, my Father in front of me weeping. An ethereal breeze lifted strands of my hair as I looked around the expansive room. No one else was there. Slipping silently to his side, I laid my hand on his quaking shoulder. “Father, why do you cry so?” 


6 comments:

  1. Homesickness can be hard. I feel for Aine, but she needs to accept her world has changed for the time being. Should be an interesting journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aine definitely has her own set of troubles... In this scene Shayla is the one feeling the loss of home but has she already found the meaning of it or is she still searching?

      Delete
  2. Why does he cry? That caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even Kings cry... the answer as to why he is crying is found in the next few lines of the book. :)

      Delete
  3. That last line was great. Do the tears have anything to do with consummating his marriage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ed,

      Thank you for your compliment... He is crying over something much more painful.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.

CTR Forum


Join our Writing Class 
 
We are excited to be on Coffee Time Romance discussing Marketing / SEO / Branding and Online Presence (such as websites, Amazon and networks). Wow a lot of varying topics but they each play a role into the other.  Marketing | SEO | Online Presence. Don’t miss it!   Join Personalized Marketing Inc  every Wednesday and Friday this month to improve your marketing!